Friday, July 7, 2017

So y'all know we're crazy, right?

Ha.
 Here's the deal - we went on a little treasure hunt recently... 
[My sweetheart can find THE BEST treasures...]
 ...like wild blackberries.
Oh. My.
I bet it's been 30 years since I've had these tiny delicious berries!
I think I could've eaten a quart of them!
We'd driven a ways from home and had already made  
the deal of the day 
when we started talking about another treasure 
we'd been on the look-out for for a few years...
The next thing I know, 
he's disappearing into the woods with three guys I don't know... 
And then out they come with another treasure...
Something he's been looking around for for a while...
A tailgate off of a 1964 Ford Truck. 
YES.
You see, his daddy worked for Ford, so it's extra special to him...
 We'll probably preserve it, rust and all, and make it the back of a bench....
I think it's pretty cool.
[And I think he does too.]
 But here's the deal of the day - 
Lottie 2.0
Which will be referred to as Lottie Scotty from now on... 
Isn't she a beauty?
When we bought the hi-lander that we flipped a few weeks ago, 
 we found that we really liked the higher ceilings and extra windows... 
So when he found this one with the windows across the top / front
I knew we had to at least go and look at it. 
Oh. My. 
It's wonderful to have that extra light 
from windows that are so tall no one can see in... 
And THAT DOOR.
I love it.
There are lots of good things about this camper - we have the original paper work - the original manual - the original everything, really. She's a 1971 Scotty Hi-lander, and has the curved wall that I love. [Look at that original light!!]
There's a little work needed, but she's basically camp-able right now. 
In fact, I'm trying to talk him into pulling her up the hill 
in our yard and camping out for a weekend...
I can't wait to share more about her face lift in the coming weeks!!
So yes, we know we're crazy too... 
But we love life...
and a good deal...
what can I say...

No comments: