Friday, April 28, 2017

My sweetheart has this [not so] little fishing trip

that he goes to yearly...

 And along with lots of guy time fishing, golfing, and playing cards, 
and there’s also lots of good eating. 
 
Well, turns out, their banana pudding source was no longer available so I jumped in to help out – I made a couple of batches loosely based on this recipe –
And since I have an Aunt Betty it made sense for me to use it, although, we all know that Cousin Debra makes THE BEST banana pudding around…
but I couldn't find her recipe....
Here’s my take [in addition to the ingredients below, you’ll need another container of whipped topping, a box of vanilla wafers and about 6 bananas] -
Combine 2 [3.4 ounces] packages of instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk, 
let partially set.
Add in 1 [14 oz.] can of sweetened condensed milk,  8 oz. of sour cream, 
and 8 oz. whipped topping [thawed.]
Layer wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding – repeating until all pudding is used – top with additional whipped topping and refrigerate before serving.
I prefer to make this in a trifle bowl, but this needed to be sturdy for transport, so I used disposable cake pans [with lids.]
 You can see that I made two batches of this [separately] at the same time.
[First layer of pudding -]
Each batch made two layers in the rectangle pans… 
a trifle would have more layers…
[Second layer of pudding - ]
 Note that I saved some wafers to put around the edge 
for a decorative touch - lol 
It really does help someone know what they're about to eat!
Then I covered the tops with whipped topping.
I like A LOT of whipped topping – who doesn’t?!
 I think my mama’s had meringue topping [– yum!] 
so I did my best to make it look like meringue by touching the spatula lightly 
and lifting it up to form small peaks.
I think they look pretty!
And the lids that came with the pans fit nicely without squishing ot all down...
 I’ll admit that I had to have a bit before it was sent off for the guys to enjoy!
Delicious!
I hope you enjoy it too!
I'm pretty sure they did since I've been asked to make three for next year's gathering!

No comments: