Friday, March 3, 2017

Faith Art Journaling

has been a part of my life for several years now - 
and I just have to share [again!] how much I'm enjoying using my interleaved Bible 
for this purpose! 
Why did I wait so long to begin using it?!? 
[I received it LAST February,l for goodness' sakes!]
 Here's a few pages I've been working on these past few weeks -  
Ephesians 3:20
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the Power at work within us, to Him be all glory... forever and ever, amen."
This is a prompt from J-52 -- DREAM -- and I love the devotional I found from Rick Warren about dreaming big dreams for God.The art was printed from Google images [I added a few more trees in...] and the bottom is actually a bit of patterned paper...
 
 Isaiah 6:1
"I saw the Lord sitting on His throne..."
This is inspired by a 'print and pray' from Illustrated Faith - 
a technique I learned in a year-long art journaling class four or five years ago - 
print a photo on regular paper and cover with a THIN coat of white gesso,
then add watery paints to it... [Crown and banner are IF.]
 Nehemiah 8:10b
"For the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Art from a flyer received in the mail - 
I think using bits and pieces of things makes an art journal  .... 
well... artsy. 
Ha.
1 John 1:7-9
"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another snd the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin..."
 Another J-52 prompt [we get a new one every Wednesday] - 
This time I was inspired by a sun and banner I saw on pinterest- so I printed the words to Oh Happy Day in in a light grey and added washi tape and paint - 
 
Another Print and Pray -  
Psalm 84:10
"For a day in your courts is better that a thousand elsewhere..."
I try my best to match the paint on the backgrounds when I use their word art...

Luke 12:7
"Why even the hairs on your head are numbered..."
On this page I used distress inks on the background, then put lots and lots of number stickers all over the page [I found them on sale 90% off!] then printed the song, 
"I have a maker... He formed my heat... 
before even time began, my life was in His hands... 
He knows my name! 
He knows my every thought!
He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call..."
 2 Corinthians 10:8. 
"Take every thought captive -"
 Yet another Print and Pray - 
I've set a goal to use these each week to actually JOURNAL my thoughts and prayers...
LOVING my new mega date stamp from Studio Calico!
 Psalm 78:4
"..We will tell... of the glorious deeds of the Lord
and His might, and the wonders that He has done."
And one last Print and Pray - again trying to match the paint to their background - 
I also wanted this paint to be a little dark so that my thoughts / prayers could not be easily read since they were deeply personal with some things going on in my life right now - 
[Photo taken prior to journaling...] 
I hope these give you some ideas of how to get started with faith art journaling - you can use anything for a background - I've used old hymnals and 
even old spiral bound recipe books! 
Just jump in and get started!

No comments: