Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I know some of you

are thinking, 
"Judy needs to move on from Christmas, already!"
But I wanted to be sure and share a bit of the December Album I created...
Yes, I know I wasn't sure if I would or not...
But then I found this adorable little book at a thrift store 
and couldn't resist adding in photos from the month - 
 
It's not the typical Daily December Album that's so popular in the scrapbook world - 
because I didn't record each day's activities - 
Instead, I just gathered my photos each week and stuck them down...
Sometimes adding a little "tip-in" pocket page card...

It doesn't matter to me if the photos are put in differently - 
 
In fact, sometimes, they are tip-ins also!
[Loved our new [in the box] Christmas dishes Craig picked up at ta thrift store... 
Sometimes I covered the pages with patterned paper...
 

And sometimes I let the art show -
Photos + Patterned Papers + Tip-ins
I have every intention to go back through and add some journaling to each page, but if that doesn't happen, I really am happy with it as it is now...
I try to include all the things that says 'Christmas' to me - including the building that I pass  in Birmingham as I drive back and forth to Montgomery for work during the month...
Note: this photo came off the web -
I also include ticket stubs and photos from events...

As well as at least one paper bag to hold our Christmas lists and receipts [I like to see how prices change through the years - ]
 So it's fun and functional!

And small enough to manage during the hustle and bustle of the season.
 I keep these December albums packed away with our Christmas decor' so they are easy to pull out and enjoy each year!

No comments: