Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Y'all know I love my Instant Pot!

We gave the kids one for Christmas
 and hope they enjoy theirs as much as we do!
Here's a simple recipe that I enjoy making on the weekend 
so I can oatmeal ready to go throughout the week - 
 
In the Instant Pot put:
1 cup steel cut oats + 3 cups water
Set on manual for 5 minutes
and let it natural relase.
Stir well, 
then divide in half pint jars, seal and refrigerate... 
 In the mornings just take the lid off and pop in the microwave for a minute or two, add a little cream, dried cranberries, and walnuts [or whatever toppings you enjoy / have on hand.]
And enjoy!
Tip: we have dried cranberries and chopped walnuts in jars on our little island, ready to toss on oatmeal and salads. Yum.
You can see that I fashioned a little insulated carrier for mine so I can carry out the door with me... It's just a styrofoam cup cut to size and wrapped with fabric tape. 
FUN and functional - lol

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Judy! This is what you put for your web address(url) www.bepresentbereal.blogspot.com I read your post on grey hair and can totally relate! I might go lighter too. My hair is really thinning out too :( I like the word collage you made too. Makes me think of my locker and bulletin board in high school.