Sunday, December 11, 2016

I'm sharing some Bible Journaling prompts

in the hopes that it will inspire you to focus on the birth of Christ during this advent season. I hope you will set aside a little time to spend in The Word as we look toward the birth of Christ.
Use this however you want, and keep in mind that we're all different and some put more detail in their Bible Journaling and some put less details - and it's all okay. What's most important is spending time with the Lord as you create.


Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Okay, so y’all know that I tend to tie music with worship – and I can’t read these verses without this song flowing through my head ---
Oh, come, oh, come, Emmanuel, And ransom captive Israel, That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel - Shall come to you, O Israel!
[Oh, Come, Oh, Come Emmanuel - Translated: John Neal, 1818-66]

I love all the verses, but this one is probably the most well-known – Rejoice! The people of Israel held on to the hope of a Savior – 
and we know He is alive and coming again!
This is the sketch / art we have for this passage. Step-by-step instructions are available on Instagram: @ faithbasedpages . 
[You may have to scroll down a bit to find them -]
You’ll notice that it is sideways – and I often put art sideways in my Bible – 
 
But for this one I decided to go vertical… 
I printed the word JOY on the computer in a font I like [Algerian] 
and traced it onto the page. 
I sketched around the O with flowers and ferns, and attempted a poinsettia… then I sketched in a tiny Baby Jesus and star above Him. 
I also added some words in my own handwriting…
Note: some details - the' pine needles'  have little dots at the end to make them a bit more distinctive - and the poinsettia has circles in the center to mimic the details of the real flower... Also, the ornament has a white highlight on the edge...
 
I also did a page in my art journal inspired by these verse and Luke 2 - 
I like to use all kinds of stickers, and papers, etc. when working in my art journals - I"m not bothered by the bulkiness of it all in there! 
Here's a closer look at some of the detail -
[You can see that this art journal is in an old hymnal I picked up at a thrift stor.]
I look forward to seeing what y'all are doing with these prompts - please give me a tag @faithabsedpages or @judyinhuntsvilleal

No comments: