Sunday, November 27, 2016

So, I thought I'd share some Bible Journaling prompts



throughout advent - My Bible Journaling is pretty simple and straight forward. 
I'm sharing in the hopes that it will inspire you to focus on the birth of Christ. 
Use this however you want, and keep in mind that we're all different and some put more detail in their Bible Journaling and some put less details - and it's all okay. What's most important is spending time with the Lord as you create.
Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.
 I’ve always loved reading about Joseph’s faith. I mean, can you even imagine what must have been going through his mind? Yet he trusted God so completely. The only thing I can think is that he must have felt the peace that only God can give – the peace that passes all understanding… And isn’t it wonderful that because of Jesus, who saves us all from our sins, we can have that peace during times when we’re confused and don’t understand the reasons behind events in our lives? I am so thankful for the peace that only God can give. I’m thankful that Jesus came and died for our sins so that we can have eternal life.
 This is the sketch / art we have for this passage –   
it was inspired by a Christmas card I saw...
Instructions are available on Instagram: @ faithbasedpages 
Feel free to let it inspire you or print and copy for your own use.
 
Note: I always, ALWAYS start with a pencil and good eraser…
 then I I tend to use water colors most often in my Bible Journaling, 
I love the sketchy look of pen and water colors combined together. 
[You can use whatever you’re most comfortable with.] 
 
After the water colors dry, I sketch over with microns pens of various sizes. 
You’ll also notice, that I almost always use purple [the color of royalty] 
on Jesus in some way or another… 
I can't wait to see how you use this prompt!
Please tag me @faithbasedpages or @judyinhuntsvilleal
so I can see your pages!

No comments: