Monday, June 13, 2016

Remember a few years ago

when I was intentional about eating fresh during the summer?
Well.... I'm baaaaaacccccckkkk.
 At least I'm going to make an effort - lol.
We love the fresh veggies of summer!
This week we bought beets, squash, lettuce, 
new potatoes and sweet potatoes.
YUM.
So here's what I did:
Cubed everything up and roasted in the oven -
That's the squash on one side and chicken and onions on the other...
I drizzled a little olive oil over it all....
I also added the new potatoes and sweet potatoes to the mix after getting them 
started in the microwave first....
While the chicken and veggies were in the oven, I made the salad.
Y'all know this is a favorite of mine - 

 Fresh roasted beets [wrap in foil to bake and use plastic gloves [[or a grocery sack in this instance]] to peel, using a spoon - ha] then slice over greens and add some goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Oh. My.
So. Good.
So here it is before we served it up - 
It didn't take much time to make it look yummy.
 The result - delicious. 
And one could argue - why go to the trouble to put it ON the skewer 
if you're just going to take it OFF to eat it -- 
Presentation, it makes food look yummy!
2nd meal: white beans and cornbread with fried squash -
Always a favorite. 
And I still have a few squash left to grill up and serve with the extra chicken I cooked while the oven was going.  It's really not so hard to cook a good meal at home...

No comments: