Tuesday, June 28, 2016

[More than] a few months back I saw

a little video [southern weekend Kenny Hill] about an artist in Louisiana. 
 
And I was drawn to it – 
I wanted to see his works up close and personal… 
 
I kinda wish I had one of these angels, 
but I don’t know what I’d do with it – because, hey. 
They’re HUGE.  
But, oh so lovely, in their own way...
When we were in  New Orleans back in November 
we just didn’t have the time to fit the drive further south into our schedule… 
  So when we were there in May I knew it HAD to happen.
[We were there during the BRIGHTEST time of day - ha.]
 
It's a neat little garden along a canal that Mr. Hill created with concrete 
and whatever else he had on hand... 
Kind of amazing...
and cool...
 It’s whimsical and folksy, but mostly [I think] it shows the struggle 

that so many of us feel between good and evil… 
 
and if I had to bet, I’d say Kenny Hill had his own demons to fight… 
[Remember, I’m a social worker - ] 
 
Still, I love it. 
If you ever find yourself in southern Louisiana,
 take a side trip to Chauvin 
and take a walk around this primitive sculpture garden for yourself.

No comments: