Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Here's another easy recipe

that is surprisingly good -- 
CORNBREAD SALAD.
Yes.
 Now, let me just say that it's got to be good ole southern cornbread 
[white cornmeal] -- 
None of that yellow stuff - 
Or the sweet cornbread you get up north. 
So, with that out of the way, here's what you do ---
Layer in no particular order:
Cornbread
Pinto Beans - cooked, ha
Tomatoes - diced
Green Peppers - diced
Corn [frozen or canned]
Ranch Dressing - a little
[a little] dehydrated onion
[Use fresh if you prefer -]
Cheddar Cheese - grated
Bacon - crumbled
Then repeat it all again, only this time completely cover the top with a layer of the dressing - 
 Put the cheese and bacon on top. Wrap it tightly and refrigerate for several hours 
[or overnight] before serving. 
I know it sounds WEIRD....
But it is GOOD.
[And I didn't make it up - 
You can search for other recipe variations. - ha.]

1 comment:

Linda Matthews said...

I like the idea of the pinto beans.

Reminds me of the 7 layer salad. I haven't made that in YEARS!!!

Thank you for sharing the recipe!