Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Here’s a quick little share

of my Daily December album…
[And let me APOLOGIZE up front for the wonky photos - 
I've tried to change them a million** times...]
Y’all know I decided to go SIMPLE this year – 
I committed to sharing a photo each day on Instagram 
and later decided that I’d have these printed up 
[at Walgreens, 4x4] and put them in an album.
 I got this cute little album at JoAnn’s and embellished it with a banner from 
Michael’s $1 section + some number stickers for the year –
Since I ordered the wrong page protectors [oops] I decided to just make my pages by cutting some graphic 45 papers 4.5x4.5. 
I didn’t punch the holes until after I had the photos secured. 
They fit nicely in the little album....
I like layers in scrapbooks with pages of different sizes, 
so added some pocket page cards  / journaling cards throughout... 
You can see that I added a side strip to help the card stay straight in the album...
The first page of each of my Daily December albums is our tree...
Love how it reflects in the window...

So,  here's a few more pages - 
I'm not going to make you endure 31 pages of wonky photos - ha...
 But I hope you can get the idea of this simple little scrapbook...
After I had the photos on the pages I went back through and added a little title or thought ... 
printed on the computer and cut into strips... 
and, yes, I'll admit, taped down with plain ole tape...
[Definitely not an acid free girl here....]
 I wrote on some of the journaling cards, left some as embellishment, 
and put photos on others... 
['Shopped' one of our sweet gals into this one since she wasn't with us...]
I included the Instagram photo for the day plus a few more to capture all of the Christmas-ing we did throughout the season.... 
And of course, I almost always end with our little group photo from New Year's Eve...
Smaller this year because we met for lunch....
THIS WAS SO EASY - 
and I probably had it completed within a couple of hours of picking up the photos.
Can't wait to see your completed albums too!
 ** Probably an exaggeration, but still....

No comments: