Monday, October 19, 2015

Y'all know we love The Gulf

[our beaches in Alabama that span the bottom of our state from 
Dauphin Isle to Perdido Key.]
When we moved back North from Mobile we made as many as 
five trips a year for several years just to sit in that gorgeous sugar white sand... 
We had serious withdrawal...
Then for years we made our annual trip down during the Shrimp Festival [so fun!]
But lately we've been at Disney in the fall or too busy to go anywhere and 
we're only at The Gulf 
in the winter during my Social Work conference.
So it was wonderful news to learn that Craig 
had a conference there during out favorite time of year!
Yippee!
[Had a little fun with a newly discovered setting on our phone - ]
[And I took some leave to tag along with him...]
We went down a little early so that we could once again enjoy the shrimp fest 
and a little time on the uncrowded [but oh-so-warm] beaches.
I love The Gulf in the fall. 
The water is still warm enough to swim!
While Craig was in meetings I played with Art a bit. 
I enjoyed creating a little faith art and Bible journaling my verse for 
Beth Moore's scripture memory challenge. 
[Two a month - and I'm hanging in there!]
In between meetings it was fun to visit some of the shops that have been there forever - There's no counting the number of photos we've taken of the boys 
in this very spot through the years!
We made the effort to be on the beach at sunrise at least one morning while we were there. 
- Such a beautiful time of day...
 
We took the traditional early morning [no-make-up] photo - HA.
And of course we had to have a little dip in the beautiful clear gulf waters.
 It really is a favorite.
I did okay in the water until the little fish started nibbling me - 
Craig said I should pretend to be getting one of those fancy pedicures - lol. 
I didn't. 
I got out of the water.
Ha.
As much as we enjoy traveling,
[and y'all know we do!]
We DO enjoy being at home too.
 The weather is cooler - our flowers near the screen are blooming, 
[more beautiful than they've ever been] 
and this big ball of fluff is starting to put on his winter coat.
It's time to embrace and enjoy my favorite time of the year!

No comments: