Wednesday, July 23, 2014

We're still enjoying visiting our local farmer's market

This week we picked up  some fresh lettuce [it smelled like it came right out of the field,] a cantaloupe, a couple of tomatoes, some onions, 
and a basket of little zucchini and yellow squash. 
Craig had put some [boneless] chicken in the fridge to marinate [with Italian dressing] so I cut up the veggies and tossed them with some olive oil [and mushrooms] and he cooked them all on the grill while I got the [jasmine]rice ready.
And, Oh. My. Goodness.
I'd forgotten how much I loved all of these flavors together!!
 I was STUFFED - but I still wanted just 'one more bite' lol.
I'll be eating the leftovers for lunch later this week - Yum.
Unfortunately, the cantaloupe wasn't a good one...
I love cantaloupe almost as much as Craig loves watermelon...
I'm sure I'll some good ones before the season is finished.
Meanwhile, let me know what you're eating that's fresh and local - remember...
#farmesmarketmeals
on instagram.
Delish!




jjjjjjjjj

No comments: