Thursday, June 12, 2014

Farmer's Market Meals --

[week four - ?]
To be honest - we didn't make it 
down to the local farmer's market this week
 -- we still had fresh vegetables from last week to eat! -- 
and I had plans for them!
 One of my favorite meals in the summer is this
Sausage - Zucchini Casserole
that I first ate while on Summer Mission in South Jordan Utah -
waaaaaay back in 1979...
It's made with cooked zucchini, cooked, crumbled sausage, 
and a white sauce made with a couple of eggs and Worcestershire sauce [yum.]
 I served it with  grilled polenta that I made earlier in the morning and let chill well before slicing it to grill. I found a couple of recipes that are close to mine and pinned them on my 
I think I can quickly describe how I cooked it  - For the casserole you just layer the zucchini, white sauce and sausage - add grated cheese and bread crumbs [I think it's yummy without the cheese too] on top and bake for 20- 30 minutes or so. And for the polenta I added a chicken bullion cube to some boiling water before whisking in cornmeal until it thickened. - I sometimes add cheese and spices when I make polenta - but didn't want it to compete with the casserole since it is so flavorful.
Would love to see what you're cooking up form the goodness of your garden or local farmer's market - remember to #farmersmarketmeals 
[no apostrophe] on instagram so we can share together!

No comments: