Wednesday, April 30, 2014

From my Bible Study this week --

We're in Malachi, chapter 2…
[photo off the internet, somewhere - I saved it long ago --]
“A huge difference lies between pursuing God’s heart and seeking gifts from His hands. Between feeling sincerely grateful for divine blessings and feeling like you deserve to be blessed. The self-centered attitude the Israelites have adopted by this fourth disputation puts them squarely in the second category; they were demanding goody bags from God and assumed they were entitled to them. 
Whenever entitlement rears its ugly head, you can be sure it’s not alone because like Bonnie and Clyde, entitlement and insecurity always travel as a team. 
[On a side note: I think it’s imperative for God’s people to learn that insecurity is not the opposite of arrogance. Frankly, insecurity and arrogance are fruit from the same tree. Christians who wear wounded feelings on their sleeve, who are quick to take offense, and who reek of anxiety are not humble. They’re trust-impaired. 
The true opposite of arrogance is security. 
It’s the deep seated confidence that God holds us in the palm of His hand 
and nothing can separate us from His love.]”
OMGoodness – I could share so much more – this whole section is so great 
[starts on page 111 of Malachi, a love that never lets go by Lisa Harper.]
 I AM SO THANKFUL that I have reached the point of feeling
[really KNOWING]
 that “deep seated confidence that God holds us in the palm of His hand 
and nothing can separate us from His love.” 
Do I wander away from this secure place from time to time? 
You betcha, 
but I am so thankful that for the last few years I’ve been able to truly cast all my anxiety on Him 
and believe, 
AND ACCEPT 
that He will walk with me through all the ups and downs that this ole world has to throw at us. Afterall – we were never promised a rose garden – 
but God did promise He would never leave us.
[Scrapbook page completed in 2009.]
 And I am so thankful that He loved us [rotten sinners that we are] enough to send His son as the ultimate sacrifice to restore us to Him. Because of Jesus Christ and His willingness to die for MY sins [and yours, and those who don’t even realize it yet] our relationship with God is personal and doesn’t depend on what church we attend… Because of Him and His death and resurrection I can face tomorrow – all fear is gone – Because He lives – He Holds my future and life is worth the living just because He lives.
----- You are beautiful beyond description,
Too marvelous for words,
Too wonderful for comprehension,
Like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Majesty enthroned above.

(Chorus)
And I stand, I stand in awe of you.
I stand, I stand in awe of you.
Holy God, to whom all praise is due,
I stand in awe of you.

(verse 2)
You are beautiful beyond description,
Yet God crushed You for my sin,
In agony and deep affliction,
Cut off that I might enter in.
Who can grasp such tender compassion?
Who can fathom this mercy so free?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Lamb of God, Who died for me.

No comments: