Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I've had this painting for a while now...

and I'm still not sure how I acquired it -
But I do know I've always loved it...
even as a child... 
It's BIG - fits nicely behind a sofa...
 Was it my Aunt Quida's originally?
I was always told a 90 year old woman [from Haleyille] 
painted it years before...
maybe in the seventies....
[So, really, I have no idea when it was painted...]
So it was in Aunt Quida's house out in the country 
and when she moved to town, it was passed on ...
Mama says when we were visiting one day it was in the laundry room ready to go into the trash and we got it then - she thinks she may have 'swapped' her something for it - but that Aunt Quida was trashing it any way 
["What a 'find'!!". she said to me 
just a few days ago when we were talking about this...]
It was in Mama's living room for some years and then passed on to me -
I love it, still.
It hangs in my office [studio]  and reminds that if 
a 90 year old woman can follow her dream of painting,  
then so can I.
NOTE: These next few posts were per-arrainged. God in His infinite wisdom nudged me to that - and I did, thinking it was for other reasons, never knowing I'd only have half a brain due to my Mama's passing...

No comments: