Monday, August 19, 2013

I spent most of the week

in a hotel, out of town, in one of my least favorite cities... 
But they all begin to look alike, don't they?
 and my laptop died the first night I was there... 
and the wireless connection on my kindle was sketchy...
Still, this was my welcoming committee each afternoon - 
kind of fun to see them gather up in the field...
I was training all day - 
And I've gotta admit that I'm just not as young as I was when I started this gig 12 years ago... standing all day in front of the trainees left my ole knees and neck feeling weary...
So I usually drove through and picked up a little dinner
 and spent the evening sketching and water coloring...
 Definitely is a stress reliever...
 Friday night when I got home we went to the movie in the  park -
 unbelievably cool weather for August! 
They were showing To Kill a Mockingbird
and I was determined to see it - have never read the book or seen the movie - 
and I thought it was great [duh - of course.]
The rest of the weekend was spent RELAXING and 
catching up on some of my water color classes - so fun... 
 
And my sweetie made me a special breakfast 
since I was SO TIRED of eating hotel breakfasts...
Well.. today starts another full work week - have a good one everyone!

2 comments:

Gloria L. said...

And he COOKS, too!
Happy Anniversary!

nancy carroll said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the Breakfast!