Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Faith Based Pages Challenge

Welcome back to the [monthly] Faith Based Challenge for 2013! 
This year I'm sharing some of my favorite Nicole C. Mullen songs with you 
to encourage you to create your own faith based pages
– whether scrapbook pages, art pages, or journaling pages –
Create whatever you’re led to do!
Here's my project for this month - based on a fun little song that I enjoy so much:
Shooby [Doobee Doobee Do-Wop]
GO HERE TO LISTEN TO IT
 OH HOW I LOVE THIS SONG!
And, really - doesn't the love of Jesus make YOU want to shout?!?
So I wanted my page [will go in my art journal] to reflect that!
Take a listen to it and let me know what you think!
And I’d love to have you share your creations with me! 
 All songs are from the album below -
I know I've shared before that
the Summer of 2007 was a tough time for us as a family. 
One or both of our parents was hospitalized for 12 weeks --
The Lord gave this album to me to listen to while on the road 
back and forth and back and forth
[and back and forth]
 – and it spoke to my heart. 
I love to listen to it still. 
So I want to share some of my favorites with you this year!
[And hopefully these songs will be an inspiration to you too!]
Shooby Do Lyrics -
I believe in Jesus And I won't apologize 
He has bought me my freedom With His blood and with His life
Yeah, I believe in Jesus And I ain't ashamed to testify  
You might change this world around me 
But you'll never change my mind
And it makes me wanna Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Throw my hands up high and Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Feels so good I gotta Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Makes me wanna holla Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop
{Drop}
'Cause I believe in Jesus I'm a fanatic bonafide, crazy  
When I think about His goodness It brings water to my eyes Make me wanna cry now
I believe in Jesus, yeah And I ain't ashamed to testify  
You might change this world around me But you'll never change my mind
And it makes me wanna Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop 
Throw my hands up high and Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Feels so good I gotta Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Makes me wanna holla Shooby, Doobee, Doo-wop
Take it to the bridge Break it down
Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Makes me wanna holla Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop  
Feels so good I gotta Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop 
Makes me wanna holla Shooby, Doobee Doobee, Doo-wop ...

No comments: