Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I've been a little behind on things in [my little] blog world -

Living life, ya know –
I’ve been busy – 
So busy that I missed my mammogram appointment twice 
before finally getting there – that’s cRzAy for me… 
[routine – all is well -]
And, I’ve been sick – finally went to the doc/box and got some antibiotics for this sinus infection I’ve been fighting for [more than] a few weeks now – and let me just say – it’s so WONDERFUL to be able to breathe!
And to not be so [sooo] tired –
sinus infections just drain my energy…
And I’ve let the scheduling of the closing of our mother’s house
just about drive me nuts!
It was cancelled at least four times ----
but yippee yahoo - it is done now! 
She's feeling only relief.
And that's extra good -
  So, first order of business – the OMGiveaway box was finally mailed out this week! [Yay – Congrats Joyce and
thanks to you all for stopping by to read my ramblings!]
Cute National Scrapbook Day T-shirt [that I received on Monday
after The Day,
despite having ordered it three weeks prior] - mailed to my friend who is out of the hospital and on the way to recovery!
And fun vintage tags for a swap – mailed.
Yay. I hope they are ‘worthy’ – 
Really.
I enjoy crafting and seeing how everyone puts their own spin on an idea, but when I’m sending something for others to use I’m always a little insecure about it being liked enough to, well, actually be used…
I’ve also been thinking A LOT about the upcoming wedding –
Have finished my photo-ops…
[I think they’re just too cute!]
And I have been trying on dresses like a crazy woman – 
I want something summery and casual, yet dressy. 
Does this even exist? 
And I really believe the mother of the bride should have 
first choice on design / color / etc. 
[So I need to see her pattern/fabric...]
annnnnnd I don’t want to clash with the bridesmaids dresses… 
I want to be able to wear heels and a light sweater for the ceremony, 
yet put on sandals and be sleeveless for the rest of the day 
[I’m realistic – it’s FLORIDA – in JULY. Ha.]  
And I want to be able to wear it again and again…
Is this too much to ask?!
Can you tell that I'm a little obsessed? hA.
This weekend we enjoyed dinner with the oldest and his gal and her parents for mother’s day -- she made us the cutest exploding box!!
[Isn't that adorable?!? I've always wanted to make one, but have never made one myself so I was impressed! - I love it!]
We also had breakfast with both our boys
before seeing both of our mothers on Sunday afternoon.
Then I got to do my favorite thing – mow our lawn – while Craig did all the weed-eating. Seriously, I LOVE that mindless task – and it sorely needed it due to all the rain we’ve had this spring…
It was almost taller than little EmmaLou…
Later on I played a little with one of my bro/SIL’s photos with picmonkey
[free on-line] – how neat is this?
To see more of their great photos click on MK's blog -
And, lastly – it’s the middle of May and our heat was on this morning. 
‘nuff said.
Hope your week is great!

No comments: