Friday, January 4, 2013

Here's a little something I've been working on...

I mentioned before that I'm loving the bigger pieces of art I've been seeing around -
We picked up a couple of these out at Old Time Pottery [$5 each!]  a while back. 
They had a painting on them and the frames were pretty rough -
Y'all know much of my art is inspired by Christy Tomlinson...
I like a textured background so I tend to stick down [with my home-made mod-podge] 
old receipts, tags, used baby wipes, and pattern pieces...
EDITED: Thanks to a sweet friend I must clarify that there are no babies in this house
the wipes are used to get the paint off my hands - lol.
then I paint with my favorite colors -- 
This time I did angels inspired by Gracie and Company -
The bodies are patterned paper, wings are hymnal pages, 
and faces / arms are dictionary pages...
 Then I finished it up with a favorite quote:
Wonderful! Counselor! Mighty God! The Ever-lasting Father! The Prince of Peace!
And at the bottom - 
His name is called Emmanuel. 
Can you see that I tweaked it again to be happy with it?
I will store it and use it each year --

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Judy, this is gorgeous! I could see this hanging year round in the right spot. Your talent never ceases to amaze me!
Oh, I finally found the tweak! Like the tweak but loved playing the "what's different" game, LOL!

Gloria L. said...

Wonderful!