Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's the last of the Fiskateer Games

and this week the event was Home Decor - it was fun! [You may have noticed that I skipped last week's event - CARDS - just not something I enjoy doing...]
So  here we go...
Event one - a frame-able piece of art:
   This was a frame and mat from a thrift store - and this is the THIRD painting I've done on it - finally happy with it - lol. I've seen something similar on pinterest for a few weeks now -- Basically, I stamped all over the mat and then put a thin coat of red paint down so the stamping shows through - the background is that wonderful old dictionary paper with the gorgeous color - hand-painted balloon, and alpha-stickers.
Event two - decorate a pillar candle:
I took an old candle and put a strip of patterned paper around it - added a tree sticker, alpha-stickers and doodled just a bit on the tree - easy-peasy...
Event three - canvas art - using a fiskars border punch:
Oh my!!  I covered a 6x6 canvas in a napkin, paper strip [punched with the double-bubble border punch] - added a cut out of EmmaLou, a crown, and alpha-stickers...[mod] podged it all down and put the bling on top. Now you can know for sure that I AM CRAZY - because I LOVE THIS.
Event four - a banner / bunting:
Took a little trip to Goodwill and picked up the Halloween Garland and a little headband with three ghosts on it - cut the pennants out of pp, added alpha-stickers [can you see what my addiction might be?] and added the ghosts + other embellishments - will hang on my door at work [if we're ALLOWED to hang stuff on our doors in my new office...]
So this has been fun, but I've gotta say that 4 challenges in a week is well, challenging... there's usually at least one a month posted on the Fiskateers website [+ others posted by fellow fiskateers] - come on over and join us, won't you?

2 comments:

Dena Crownover said...

Oh Judy, I love your challenge results! My fave is the red balloon painting!

Blessings,
Dena
www.studio29eleven.com

Donna said...

These are great projects - especially love the doggy - she is a cutie!