Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!



I have a couple of crafty things to share... so I'll start with this layout I saw in the February issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. - something about it just caught my eye - maybe it's the retro feel or the amy tangerine-esque letters, but I knew I had to make it...So last weekend when I was I sorting through old photos I found this one from 1985 - and laughed so hard since Craig and I are looking off into the wide blue yonder [our boys have never seen this photo, but have an uncanny lure to pose in this fashion at almost every impromptu photo shoot - lol.] And I set off to make it by first cutting out a heart and then layering left-over paper strips over the top, next, I glued alpha stickers to the back and cut them out so that the background would show through. I changed the title up a little and drew squiggly lines instead of stitching - and I like it.

Next up - one of the scrapbook groups I meet with regularly decided to share hand-made valentines [complete with our own old-school boxes to put them in.] Fun! I started with a little cardboard mailbox Craig picked up at 90% off after Christmas - and gave it a little love by adding a few paper strips and hearts. For my valentines I searched vintage images and found this cute one that I printed out and added to a wrapper [punched with a Martha Stewart heart border punch] and put around my favorite microwave kettle corn. Delish. Sadly, if I took photos of my completed valentines, I can't find them tonight. Can someone send me a photo of mine - lol -

3 comments:

Gloria L. said...

How fun! Happy V Day back at ya!

LindainNCtoo said...

Love the "corny" valentine, Judy!

Trish said...

Love the layout and the mailbox!