- We went to Panera this week [not a place we frequent, except, for the occasional coffee and egg soufflé’] and I had my favorite sandwich – EVER! The one I had most mornings the last time we were at Disney [and have been searching for ever since without even knowing it - lol]: tomato, basil, and mozzarella [YUM!] I added chicken and had half one evening and the other half for lunch the next day. DOUBLE-YUM!
- Enjoyed time on the water with my sweetie – it was a beautiful, dare I say it? A fall-feeling day – so it was very nice to sit out in the sun and read while Craig fished a bit.
- I’ll admit – I’ve not ‘babied’ my garden at all this year – but we have managed to have a couple of messes of okra, banana peppers, and bell peppers. Also a few cucumbers, zucchini, and LOTS of basil [yum!] But the squirrels have taken a liking to my tomatoes – and I’m finding them green and half eaten, around the edges of the garden. But! I will not be foiled! This week I picked a few that barely had a hint of red on them and after a couple of days – they are DE-LISH-US. Take that you nasty squirrels.
- I also spent some time with my mom again this week – and am just so tickled that she’s doing so well!! Amazingly well. So. Good.
- And we had dinner with Craig’s mother at Ricatoni’s – it’s always nice to have time to enjoy a good meal together and catch up a bit.
- According to Elizabeth Dillow’s book The Scrapbooker's Almanac - Friday was National Dog Day so I did a little scrapbook page to show our new emma-lou. [Still trying to decide if she’s named after Emma Watson, Emma Stone or Emma whomever – we’ve been told she’s named after an actress…]
- All of these ‘back-to-school’ commercials advertising new computers with youngsters saying, ‘Hey Mom, what’s a ‘floppy disk’?’ have me thinking that I need to get a floppy disk drive and move my first digital photos to a CD for safe keeping, because, yes, you heard me – we don’t have a computer anymore that will take a floppy either – lol…
- I’m trying so hard to get up and going a bit earlier so I can have some time outside with my Lord before the day begins. It’s a wonderful way to start my day – just listening to the world wake-up while counting my blessings. Life is Good.
- This week I’m making the effort to Be Present and Be Real in my daily life – an attempt to limit how much time I spend just mindlessly browsing the internet. I’ve given up most of my Yahoo Groups but have somehow been placed in lots of FaceBook groups – so I’ve weeded those out and am making efforts to manage the ones I’m staying it a bit better. Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE TO STAY IN TOUCH with everyone – but I’ve got lots of life to live right here in real-life -
- We ended the weekend out by the fire-pit. So glad it was cool enough to enjoy a little summer-time fire. Again – very relaxing to have time to just ‘be’ together.
'round the house (99) Angst (2) art journal (48) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (3) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (300) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (315) faith based pages (138) Favorite Photo on Friday (125) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (8) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (162) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (67) right here right now (32) scrapbook (120) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (51) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)