Friday, August 5, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday

It was just so nice to share a hot doughnut with my Aunt Carol and Uncle Elton while we were all in The Shoals last week. And very fitting too, I think - since it was my Uncle Elton who first introduced me to those Krispy Kreme delights waaaaaay back in the sixties when I was visiting with them for a few days when they lived in Huntsville. They took me to Krispy Kreme after church on Sunday evening and my little eight-year-old self was completely blown away by so many choices of doughnuts in one place!



This is another slide from my dad's collection [not re-touched.] And from most people's recollection it's my Aunt Carol and Uncle Elton [in the 50s] at my grandmother's house, holding their oldest daughter. Of course, I didn't know them then since Bonnie's a few years older than me, and that side of my family is HUGE, with ten daughters + spouses + 35 grandchildren - so who knows who this might be... but I like to believe it's my Aunt Carol and Uncle Elton, and until someone proves to me that it isn't that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

No comments: