Friday, July 8, 2011

Cooking Light [on-line] Supper Club

PESTO!
[and a sunflower because, well, - they're blooming & I love them!] Another recipe that's really pretty basic using the staple of summer: basil! So I'm sure you've seen lots of different varieties through the years. Here's the link to Cooking Light's recipe. [I make mine with walnuts.] I do love a good pesto - - when we lost electricity for a week during the storms it was one of my saddest things to lose in our freezer - - but yay! It's summer again, and I now have all the basil I want! Yippee! So I made a fresh batch and served it with grilled chicken and goat cheese, along with polenta and grilled squash. Yum. And then a few days later we had grilled sandwiches with sliced chicken breast, pesto, tomato, and mozzarella cheese. Yum, again. [I apologize for the blurry photo...] And I still have some left to add to some pasta this weekend. Triple yum. Ha.

No comments: