- So it’s a win-win: our ‘yard’ truck’ has found a new home! Yippee! This truck belonged to Craig’s gr-daddy; given to him when Paw Paw died. We kept it a few years then sold it to my father who put it to good use for many years. [Remember how Goodfellow loved to go along for a ride?] It came back to us when my dad died in ‘07. And honestly, we just didn’t use it enough to warrant keeping it. So glad it went home with a nephew who hopes to restore it to its full 1973 glory!
- Had gumbo and a shrimp po boy for lunch on Mardi Gras – delish. [The King Cake was the best I’ve ever tasted too!]How many of you give up something for Lent? I've never attended a church that advocated this - but it's interesting....[more on this subject later -]
- Thrifty Finds – love this jar we found at Goodwill for $5.00 but can’t decide if it should hold our oatmeal / carnation instant or snack crackers… And, if you have a Dirt Cheap [store] near you – go quickly! Craig picked up these Vera Bradley accessories for 50c each – wow! [Edited: Photo's here! I told you I'm late with everything these days! - ]
- We took care of a few routine doctor’s appointments and tests this week – and happy to hear all is as normal as can be.
- Enjoyed dinner and a movie with friends during the weekend. Good fellowship, good movie [The King’s Speech], & good food [Conner’s], but not so good service… but you can’t have it ALL, can you?
- Completed the great winter [yard] clean-up – when you live with old trees there’s always a limb or two falling somewhere. We set aside one day in March to get the place ready to mow. I had three trailers full of limbs by the time I was finished. [And by the way - this NOT how a forsynthia should look - in my opinion - ha.]
- And I couldn’t breathe the next day. Blooming trees are my #1 allergy – and it’s that time of year, folks. It’s too pretty to stay inside so Craig bought me some masks to wear. [Think my spring tan might be a little uneven? Ha.] I'm also sore in places I’d forgotten existed. But thankful I have the energy and ability to get out there and get ‘er done.
- The de-cluttering continues and we have a nice stack of stuff that’s headed to Goodwill. [We donate and we buy and sometimes we re-donate what we buy – lol.]
- Still praying for those affected by the devastation in Japan. Our friend who lives there is safe. Thank goodness for facebook and skype!
10. And lastly – it’s Spring Break for youngest. And it’s good to have him home for a few days. [Hop over HERE and pick up Elizabeth’s book and you’ll see that Thursday is ‘Absolutely Incredible Kids’ Day. We’re blessed to have two of the best, how about you? [Photo taken - Spring Break 2008]