Thursday, September 23, 2010

I love how God works – how He knows what’s going on in our lives – and what is about to be going on. And I love how He uses these things to build together to help us see the truths He wants us learn. Big or little things – it’s just always so neat for me to see when I realize His hand is [again] on my life. Here’s a little thing - Just this week I attended Beth Moore’s simulcast – wow! 125,000 people ‘together’ worshipping and studying The Word. It was wonderful to be a part of it. I attended [this is my 2nd time to take part] without knowing what the study would be on…and it was surprising [why are we surprised to see how our God works? Or is it just me?] to hear her say we should open our Bibles to Proverbs 31. – We’ve just completed a swap [in one our Yahoo groups] on the Proverbs 31 Woman. I’m awaiting the ‘pages’ – but each of us will have a little page depicting each verse about the characteristics God wants us to have. Different people took a verse and studied it a bit before putting it on the page to share. So the Lord was preparing me to be open to a more in-depth look at some of the verses. I was secretly hoping Beth would choose ‘my’ verse to expand and lead us on – but it was another one – “She opens her mouth in wisdom and kindness is on her tongue.”[verse 26] Some things that made me take a step and think a little deeper: Kindness is an attitude – not an action. Sure we can fake it by doing good things – but if we are really living by the law of kindness it shows in our attitude towards people. Here’s what she left us with at the end of the day:

“My Dear Sister, Your God has called you to use that mouth of yours for His great glory. Don’t just add to the noise. Become a real woman who opens her mouth with wisdom. God wants the Law of Kindness on your tongue, and the love of Christ in your heart. Never forget: kindness is not a weakness! When you’re wearing down head to Christ and His people and let them build you back up. Always remember: His yoke is KIND. Make sure it’s the only yoke you wear. It’s time to go our separate ways but we’ll all meet up again at the glorious epiphany of our Lord Jesus Christ. Until then, let the One who led you here lead you on with cords of kindness. Now, get out there and build a welcoming fire in a cold world. Live by the Law of Kindness!”

Kinda makes me want to study all of those verses just a little more in-depth…

1 comment:

Marianne B in AZ said...

Thank you for sharing about your day. I know Proverbs 31 means so much to so many. It can really speak to us. A great memory I have of verse 10, especially, has to do with my dad. My parents were never what I would have considered close and loving. My dad had not attended church since his early teen years. When my dad knew he was dying, he asked for a Bible. On the day he passed away, we were cleaning out the room and found a marker in Proverbs 31 on that paper it was marked in his handwriting "Proverbs 31:10." It took his dying before he could tell my mom what she really meant to him.

I'm sorry this is so long, I just wanted to share that story with you. I think of it every time I see Proverbs 31.

The verse picked for your simulcast is one that I could remember more in my every day life!