- Regular summer-time stuff this week – watering plants [both], being bitten by mosquitoes [me] and eating watermelon [not me.]
- I don’t know what’s up with our garden – there just doesn’t seem to be enough nourishment in the soil – so now I’m on the look-out for rabbit poop – I believe it’s the best free fertilizer around. [Photo taken from upstairs window -]
- Update – the wild plant that landed in our front yard and was transplanted to the far back is alive and well – I thought I’d killed it, but it now has two more leafy fronds on it – photos to come! And I have some renegade Rose of Sharon over on the side – I’ve always wanted this plant so
Craigand I cleared around it and it’s got plenty of room to flourish as well.
- Love my compost pile but I’m not strong enough [or just don’t have the inclination] to ‘turn’ it as often as needed. Although I’m sure there’s some black-gold goodness on the bottom by now - So we’re also looking for a barrel composter – available locally, and less than the one at the new Earth Faire Store. We’ve found one in stock and now I need to compare the size to another one I know about before purchasing.
- I picked up a couple of paper back Readers’ Digest Condensed Books [only they aren’t called that anymore – it’s ‘select editions’ now] and have enjoyed some shortened versions of several great books. – It brought back memories of the books Mama used to get in the mail each month. I've read four 'books' since Friday, what's up with THAT?!
- My sunflowers are gorgeous – and I’m enjoying a pitcher full of them at work – but they’re sprinkling pollen everywhere…
- Have had some interest in a couple of my scrapbook submissions, but no requests yet. I LOVE Hobby Lobby – it really is my ‘local scrapbook store’ – but one of the problems is that they’re carrying less and less of brand name papers. And I’m scrapping almost exclusively from the kits I get each month, making it difficult to be published in their magazine since they now only want products from their store showcased [which is totally understandable to me.]
- I enjoyed some scrappy time all day Saturday – so fun to have a local group that I enjoy laughing and talking with all day long. And I got nine pages done – not a ‘record’ but a good accomplishment. And I did another on Sunday for an LP challenge.
- Matt had a friend visit for a couple of days – it’s nice to have the play room where they can spread out and have fun.
- And while Drew is still enjoying the jeep [so much] Matt is equally enjoying his new [bongo-type] drum that was delivered to the house at the end of the week. And it’s pretty neat to hear him drumming again.
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (50) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (5) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (304) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (322) faith based pages (142) Favorite Photo on Friday (130) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (23) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (165) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (67) recipes (71) right here right now (36) scrapbook (124) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)