Thursday, July 22, 2010


Okay, I know I’ve shared this layout with you all before – it’s really about a lesson I’ve known all my life but can only accept when I am in complete surrender to God. Because, the truth is I’m like so many others and want everything to be rosy all of the time, and I can fall into that trap where the devil is saying if God really loved us we’d have no troubles. And, you know what? That is just a lie.

This world is full of troubles and as Christians we aren’t exempt from them – what makes us different is that we have a mighty and powerful God who holds our hand [or holds us IN HIS HAND] as we go through trials, and anguish, and pain.

Surrender, for me is a voluntary repetitive act. It’s not a one-time-thing where I am completely and utterly surrendered and at peace no matter what happens. I have my fair share of anxiety issues and often the ‘what if’s’ of life can render me a complete and total mess. So I must daily surrender to God’s sovereignty in my life [and, yes, sometimes moment by moment.] Because it’s only when I keep my eyes [and trust] on Him that the devil is kept at bay.

Be kind – everyone is dealing with something. – Anonymous

I love this quote – because it’s so true – we all have troubles. Some may be so horrifyingly BIG that others may seem very small in comparison. But what’s small to one may be very big to another. And we’re all dealing with something at some time in our lives. I have a good friend who is dealing with some really hard stuff right now; we had lunch and shared and cried and [yes] laughed together for a couple of hours this week – We share these beliefs – God loves us and wants the best for us; people are given free will to choose His guidance [or not]; and no matter what, our God will never leave us or forsake us. Our God is faithful. And whatever the outcome – HE WILL BE THERE.

We often pray – Lord, help me be strong enough to make it through this.

When in fact, I believe He wants us to do just the opposite – He wants us to come to that point of complete surrender when we say, ‘You know what, God? I just can’t DO THIS anymore.” The point where we stop struggling to do it all alone and completely depend on Him. And that’s a hard place to be – and also the easiest place to be because it’s THERE where we feel the peace that only He can give. [Remember singing, I’ve got the Peace that passes understanding down in my heart – down in my heart… down in my heart to stay?] I’ve always prayed that my boys would feel THAT PEACE in their lives – but as I’ve grown in the Lord I’ve come to realize that we often only feel that when we’re going through trials. Am I really praying that my boys go through trials? Not so much. But I do know for sure that [again] this world is full of troubles – and I pray my boys feel the Spirit’s peace when they struggle.

For the Lord will go before you and The God of Israel will be your rear guard.

– Isaiah 52:12 [b]

And I know, without a doubt, that GOD KNOWS. He knows every detail of our lives. He wants the best for us and tries to guide us toward that, but He also knows the choices we [and others] will make and knows what is ahead for us. He prepares the way. I love this verse – and I’ve seen it in my own life and in the lives of friends. Oh how He loves us and wants to BE HERE for us. And how wonderfully He looks out for us as we go through life.

2 comments:

Hope said...

What a beautiful layout! Thank you for your post today. It was just what I needed to hear. I am just this week getting to a place of clarity and seeing how much I do not depend on the Lord. Thank you for your encouraging word today! Blessings, Hope

Trish said...

Thank you, This is wonderful! Have a great day!