1. I got a haircut – at a salon [okay, okay -- a walk-in place] – the first one since September. [Eight months! But as you know, I’ve been trimming it along a bit…] I went for something different than the basic ‘bob’ that I go back to over and over again. And, I like it.
2. Mailed my membership to AARP this week – I tired to ignore it but they just keep reminding me that I’m over 50 now. So, I guess I’ll embrace it. Ha.
3. Drew learned a lesson about sun screen use earlier in the week – came home looking like a TO-mato after an all day [RC] airplane event, but he’s blessed with Craig’s skin and is very nice and tan now.
4. After the earlier complaints of the extra time and energy our new computer [training tracking system] program at work takes– I’ve gotta say that I’m loving it. So nice to see at a glance [for me] who has been to training / who needs it / etc.
5. Matt went wilderness camping again this weekend. And I heard talk about jumping from waterfalls – I’m sure I don’t want to know the details. I just have to [constantly] re-give him to the Lord each day.6. So, I enjoyed celebrating Jefferson Davis’ birthday yesterday – love our crazy state holidays! Tied the tomatoes up a bit more – wow! They sure are growing!
7. But my squash is being eaten as quickly as it can grow – it’s looking prêt-ty sad right now. I’m thinking it’s rabbits.8. Had some scrappy time at a place very close to home – it was fun and I think I got 8 -9 pages completed. They meet monthly – and I’ll be back for sure.
9. And, as already posted – I’m doing the Amazing [Scrap] Race over at Life Preservers. One week down – seven to go, and I have to say it’s already challenging and lots of fun to me.
10. Lastly – good news for the youngest – the company he’s worked for these past few summers has called with a position afterall. [He was originally thinking they didn’t have enough work to hire him. He starts today so the mohawk had to go…I’m sad, can’t you tell?
'round the house (99) Angst (2) art journal (48) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (3) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (300) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (315) faith based pages (138) Favorite Photo on Friday (125) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (7) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (162) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (67) right here right now (32) scrapbook (120) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (51) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)