Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some Saturday Fun

I took a little trip down to Carrollton, Georgia
[-really not THAT far from home, a little less than 3 hours drive]
to a fun little scrapbook store, called Sweet Memories, with an awesome crop and class room. Debby Schuh [one of THE BEST designer / teachers in the biz]
was there teaching several classes and I was thrilled to take
the 3 hour class doing a Canvas Christmas Album -[photo from Debby Schuh]
It was fun to meet my friend Becky [we met --and were secret sisters at CKU -07] to scrap together - she's SUCH a talented artist [you can see some of her art here - we've already bought a beautiful charcoal and pencil drawing that I'll share with you sometime next month] and get to know her better and it was neat to see Aileen, whom I met at CKU-09. And of course it was so fun to spend some time with Debby - the little pockets and flips she puts in her albums are always so fun - and she's such a sweet person to share with -
- I LOVE THIS ALBUM!
[It's from Donna Downey's canvas line]
I plan to use it for my Daily December Album and
supplemented it with a few acrylic pages that I actually had cut at Lowes this afternoon
from a piece of 18x24 [for $6.00] So fun! I'm setting it aside for now and will work on each page throughout the month as I add photos and memorabilia from the Christmas season.
Until then, let's celebrate all we have to be thankful for -

2 comments:

carolantha said...

Did the Donna Downey scrapbook in a class with Debbie Shue (don't know if that is spelled right) at For Keeps Sake scrapbook store in St. Louis. Great store. You should stop by if you are in the St. Louis area.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful album - you will have to give us the details of how to make one - it looks like fun and it is challenging....How far is Carrolton from Blairsville? Might be a great chance to take a class now and then...looking forward to next summer when we can work on moving...

Kim G.