Friday, July 31, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - K

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present: K

KITTENS

Baby cats. I wish there was some serum we could give them to keep them small and oh so playful. I’ve always had cats and kittens – from my earliest little black and white cats [one broke its leg and Joe took it to the vet to be set,] all the Siamese, and the ones we have now – Coffee and Cream. Two precious little kitties that we’ve had since birth. And although I’m now allergic [go zertic!] I’ve always said that I believe a house is not a home without at least one!

KRISPY CRÈME

Doughnuts. The best in the land! Warm! And when the ‘hot’ sign is on, there’s just nothing better than to have one soft and gooey and sweet. I was first introduced to these delicate confections when I was 8 years old and visiting Cindy in Huntsville. We stopped by the shop after church on Sunday evening and Uncle Elton took me inside to choose from more doughnuts than I’d ever seen in my whole life! Now that we live here we occasionally go by the same shop [when the ‘hot’ sign is on!] and get a doughnut or two. And every time I go inside, I think of that first time I was so impressed with all the different varieties.

KITS

A grouping of scrapbook supplies that are coordinated to complete several layout designs. Faith Based Pages Monthly Kits is the little ministry God has given us to help others put their faith on their scrapbook pages. While this little journey of faith has had its ups and downs, every time I think about giving it up God reassures us that we are doing what He wants. And it’s grown from a little monthly kit company to a whole community of friends who share the same desire to put their faith in their scrapbooks.


No comments: