Friday, June 19, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - N

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present:N
NICK NAMES
I’ve had many nick names throughout my life – Pumpkin, Toe-head, Jude, and Pokey – all terms of endearment [I hope anyway!] The unusual thing about one certain nickname is that 3 people I’ve been closest to have all called me the same thing – without ever hearing the others call me this. Jud – my longest lasting nick name. [Thanks Joe, Laurie, and Craig!]

NEST
I have the tendency to nest anywhere I might be for several days – a hotel room with photos of my family on the nightstand, - a hospital room with my own quilts and pillows, - or my office that is filled with many, many things that remind me of home. And at home, I want every one to feel welcomed and at ease in my own little nest.

NARCISSUS
This is one of my favorite flowers. Seeing them open up their blooms into bright beautiful orange and yellow [and even white] trumpets of flowers is one of the best ways to welcome Spring. Love having them in my front yard to welcome me home each day after the dreariness of Winter.

No comments: