Monday, June 15, 2009

Catching Fireflies - 3


Week 3
Flashlight

Patsy Clairmont: “If you live in my house, you will receive a flashlight for Christmas. It’s a rule – unwritten – but you can count on it. Every year whether you need one or not, a flashlight will be either in your stocking. In a gift box, or a part of the decoration on top of a package. If it isn’t presented to you by one of those methods, when you return to your bedroom, it will be blinking on your pillow bedecked with ribbons...for me it has taken flashes of light from God’s Word to replace the old, dark messages and behavior…I still struggle with bouts of shame when I don’t live up to the impossible standards I’ve placed on myself. But I’m grateful that I continue to make progress, as I give myself permission to make mistakes and even at times to disappoint others when I know I’m doing what I’m supposed to do.”
Deuteronomy 32:4, 10 -14
“God’s Works are perfect and He is fair in all of his dealings. He finds us – even in our wasting places. Scripture goes on to say that Father God encircles us, cares for us, and guards us. What a protective picture. Allow that kind of care to saturate your thoughts. Pause and meditate on it.”

Faithbooking Prompts [Questions from the book]:
• What about God is hard for you to believe?
• What flashes of light from God’s Word address your struggles?
• Who is your circle of accountability?

No comments: