Friday, February 6, 2009

Do You Know God?

Truly know Him? Do you believe He is who is says He is? I really believe that in the moments when I truly grasp [and believe] that God is who He says He is are the moments when I am absolutely free of anxiety. When I can recognize His awesomeness I am able to trust Him completely to walk with me and guide me as I go through this life. I am His. And, if I am His, then what do I have to fear?

Psalm 100:3

Know (acknowledge, perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord is God! It is He Who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His]! We are His people and the [His] sheep of His pasture. [Amplified Version]

“You and I have got to know, not just hope or think, that the One who cut covenant with us through the torn flesh of Jesus Christ – Elohiym, the God over all creation – is the same One who sits upon the universe’s throne, having spoken the worlds into existence.

Surrounded by a society that spouts many gods… you and I can know that the Lord is God. Hoping we’re on the right track will never dig a deep enough path to follow our to our Promised Lands. We’re not going anywhere of profound eternal significance until we know.” - Believing God – Day by Day - Beth Moore

No comments: