Friday, January 30, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life -X

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards today, I present: X

XHAUSTED

The feelings I had during the Spring and Summer of ’07 when I was diagnosed with low iron [and other health issues] and feeling pulled between being with my own family, taking care of me, and being available for my parents who were facing their own serious health issues. It’s a feeling of being too tired to even think coherent thoughts and having so little energy that I would collapse into sleep at a moment’s notice. Thank goodness I have such a loving and supportive husband and sons.

XXIV

Years of marriage together. Wow! The big 2-5 is looming and we’re embracing it. Sure we’ve had some ups and downs, but I am so blessed to be married to the love of my life! It’s been so fun to do another scrapbook album, “The Story of Us” that tells our story through the years…

XCELLENT

Our boys – just fantastic guys! It is just so wonderful to share with them as they grow into young adults. While we know we have to ‘let them go’ we hope that they will always stay close so we can be a part of their lives. Every stage of their lives has been fun for us, but these last few years have been great as we share on a more adult level as they grow.

No comments: