This layout was created for a page-a-day contest that Cindy Lee put together for our Yahoo group. It was a joy to complete. Here's what I did:
- Using 12 x 12 kraft cardstock as the base, hand trim [or use a cutting tool, as I did] dark purple apx. 12 x 6, and light pink apx. 12 x 1/4 inch. Adhere to base.
- Mat photos on darker pink cardstock and adhere as shown. I used a wedding photo [scanned and resized] and a recent photo of C and me.Note: corners of photos are rounded.
- Print journaling and verse [25 Years Together and i love you more and more each day. I can truly say - "Kiss me again, and again, for your love is sweeter than wine." Song of Songs 1:2] on brown cardstock, cut into strips and adhere.
- Hand stitch the border above and below the ink wavy strip: with a thumb tack punch holes apx 1/4 inch apart; using embroidery thread [pink] sew through these guidelines to form border. [Much like those pre-school sewing cards we played with as kids-]
- Hand cut hearts from light pink cardstock. Adhere and "stitch" using a thin marker [brown] to make slashes across the edges all around the hearts.