Monday, July 22, 2024

Here's the deal -

 
I LIKE horses... I even had a childhood dream of keeping one in our basement until my daddy insisted that WASN'T going to happen... 
But I don't LOVE horses. I've never owned one, never developed a bond with one.
And I suspect those who have would REALLY ENJOY this book. 
 It just took me a bit to get into it. 
[And YES - I appreciate the gorgeous beauty of these horses that were saved!!]
But I loved the story of Adia's many relationships much more 
than the story of saving the horses.
Author Nicole M. Miller did a wonderful job creating characters that seemed REAL in the harshness of war. Adia, the American who came to Poland to work with the horses she loved so much... Brett who is loyal to a fault to both his country and the people he loves... Werner, who although one of the 'bad guys' 
was a caring human after all... 

And little Ewin who grew into [some] self-control, loyalty, and love for those who cared for him through the hardest of times.
Good, historical book of WWII from a different perspective -
 
If you enjoy reading historical romance and the excitement of spies, saving others - and horses - from the evil of war, then you'll love this book. 
NOTE: I was given a copy of this book from the publisher.
All opinions are my own.

No comments: