Sunday, June 30, 2024

2024-06-30

 June 
I'm so happy I planned our calendar soI could be a helper in our VBS this year! LOVED sharing Christ's love [through crafty things] with over 500 kiddos each day!
Wow - planting seeds for Him -
We headed up to one of our favorite campgrounds and hosted our Music City friends in a very laid-back camping rally. We loved having time to visit a bit with so many. 
Then we met friends up at Cheekwod [Nashville Botanical Gardens] 
to see Thomas Dambo's Trolls / Giants.
I may or may not be becoming obsessed with them.
Just  sayin'
We love our adventure friends 
that we've known for over 35 years now...
Had a wonderful time at our Longest Day Scrapbooking event -
and we raised over $4,000 for Alzheimer's Research!
And I saw a little bonus fireworks 
from a secret location on the way home!
 
We made it to one concert in the park this month -
And it was HOT [we brought battery op fans - bc we're old - ha. 
Enjoyed camping in Arkansas this month -
And there will be a separate blog post on that soon. 
I'll admit, I kinda love my safari hat /pith helmet] from Animal Kingdom that Craig picked up at unclaimed... It's cool AND shady.
And I think it was adorable for our decorated hat contest -
I thought it was perfect for our contest at the outdoor art museum.
I'm checking off my Summer Bucket List - and rooftop sunset - CHECK.
We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs [with AC]
 
And while a Regency inspired dinner wasn't on the bucket list - 
It's one and done.
But it WAS fun.
Also - never thought we'd attend a FIFTIES class reunion -
But we enjoyed meeting many of Mother's friends 
and helping out where we could - 
It was a nice evening -
... on to July....

No comments: