Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Annie Lee the Argosy Update No. 059



Montgomery Bell State Park
near Nashville, TN
 We've wanted to camp here for years 
and just never made plans before now...
It's a beautiful rustic park with sites right on the creek.
And we loved that our site was shallow enough to walk right in 
and cool off after driving from our Hillman Ferry campground. 
The spring leaves were popping with color
and we enjoyed just relaxing outside our camper ...
especially since I had my best camping buddy with me, lol - 
Thermacell for those who need to know...
I seriously don't leave home without at least one of these babies with me...
[And have I shared my recent new-found knowledge 
that VICK'S VAPOR RUB will kill the itch?! 
It's life-changing for my camping life!]
 
Our stay here at Montgomery Bell was a quick overnight [and rain was forecast] so we didn't haul out all of our outdoor stuff... we're still in discussion about how much we'll take if we ever do a longer [multi-week] trip...
 
Craig had a little work to do the next morning
and I played with ART a bit, but mostly enjoyed reading while it rained...
I really love being in our camper while it rains... 
[looking at the creek out our bathroom window -]
it's just cozy and nice!
And - OKAY... maybe a little crowded 
when we've pulled everything inside from the rain -  
[real-life photo vs cropped above. LOL]
 
Can you see the difference in the water level 
after our morning rain?
So, Montgomery Bell State Park
My take: I love a rustic campground where I feel more connected to nature!!
The defined [mostly level] gravel pads were nice. 
Bathrooms were clean and neat.
Internet / Cell service was wonderful.
Close to most things you might need.
[We didn't take the time to shop around the area.]
We'll definitely camp here again!

No comments: