Wednesday, June 29, 2022

I know... I KNOW...

 I'm falling short of the weekly posts I did pre-retirement...
And I keep saying I'll do better...
[I really want my blog to focus on Faith Journaling, Book Reviews, and camping...
and maybe a few other things from time to time...]
As I was going through some photos this week I found photos of a [new] recipe I tried on our Blackstone Griddle while camping - 
 
 I really {{REALLY}} enjoy cooking on the blackstone!
Especially in cooler weather [ha] - 
So much so that we have one at home now too.
[This is a 17 inch with it's own backpack that stays in the camper...]
We had THE PERFECT camping weekend in early June as we spent time with my brother and family... and son and daughter-in-love... and then later in the weekend good friends came over to share hobo meals and a domino game or two with us.
 
So- y'all know I love to try my hand at baking on the blackstone, right?
This is my take on a dump cake or cobbler, maybe?-
Notice it's a smaller pan...
I lined it with foil and sprayed it well with spray oil...
Then I put a can of peaches [light syrup] in the bottom...
Next I sprinkled a jiffy cake mix over that -
[YES they still make that!]
Half of a regular cake mix would work too -
Then I sliced a half - 3/4 stick of butter over that...
Note that when I bake on the blackstone I turn a pan upside down and set my baking pan on top of that - giving it a raised surface off the direct heat -- then I cover it all to keep the heat in...
After about 25-30 minutes - 
waLAA -
A delicious warm cobbler to eat by the fire!
We all agree... it could have cooked a minute or five longer - 
BUT IT WAS DEELISH.
[and none was left... so there's that...]
Give it a try - and ENJOY!!

No comments: