Monday, September 6, 2021

So. The monthly re-cap...

  First off... I'm sure I say this EVERY month - 
BUT HOW EARTH IS IT SEPTEMBER, already?!?!
August was fun, y'all.
We celebrated 38 years of marriage pretty much all month long!
Definitely enjoyed our little get-away to Lake Erie...
Craig had a great time fishing after I flew home...
And I started taking zumba and yoga classes at the Senior Center [YES!!] 
I love it!
We had dinners with friends and family... including those who let me practice my blackstone cooking skills when they came to see us at our stop-over campsite outside of Atlanta...
We enjoyed an Argosy Airstream Rally in South Carolina...
Had good times visiting with Craig's mother throughout the month, 
 
and all of my family got together for the kiddo's 
birthday celebration one Sunday afternoon...
Oops! We should've got one with Kelly in the photo!
WE LOVED HAVING MATT AND EMMA WITH US FOR A FEW WEEKS!
And we always enjoy trying new things in the kitchen... like pineapple chicken,  avocado toast with home - pickled red onion, fried tofu and garlic shrimp [yum], and
we tried a cream puff recipe that was surprisingly easy 
[and delicious!!]
 
Craig hosts a weekend vintage camping event in Hiawassee, Georgia each August and we always enjoy our little pre-camp time at Parksville Lake Campground  near the Ocoee rafting area...
And we had a great time with camping buddies at Bald Mountain Camping Resort for the event... even took their suggestion to drive to THE TOP of Bell Mountain... 
WHAT A DRIVE - but ohmygoodness - 
WHAT A VIEW!

I'm so surprised that our little 'volunteer' tomato plant is producing more tomatoes than I've ever grown in an season. And they taste wonderful!! 

And our flowers are flourishing with all this rain we've had...
Love the black-eyed susans out back!

But alas - it's not been all fun and games... 
Our little Bernard did not come back home one day 
[and we choose to believe someone has scooped him up and he's living the life of riley, as my mama would say...]
And we've had quite the battle with fleas this month...
As I'm sure some of you with indoor / outdoor animals have faced before...
AND IT'S NOT FUN.
But I think we're on the upswing of it all now...
Cheers to cooler weather and killing the summer insects!

No comments: