Thursday, September 23, 2021

Annie Lee the Argosy Update: No. 039

This is the first thing
 I cooked on our new blackstone griddle...
And omgoodness... y'all.
 
Smash Burgers.
SO DELISH.
A few weeks ago we were headed to a camping event in South Carolina 
[more on that soon -] 
and stopped at a little campground 
outside of Atlanta due to working half a day... 
This is Old Highway 41 #3 Campground -
A Corp of of Engineer Campground RIGHT OFF the I-75
Seriously - we could SEE the cars racing by on the bridge just across the way. 
[And HEAR it too - but honestly, once inside our camper it was all blocked out...]
Soooo - this is how I cooked up the smash burgers when some friends who live nearby graciously said I could 'practice' my cooking skills on them...
I actually put some butter on the blackstone and grilled the hamburger buns to a toasty finish before I put oil on it...
Then I started with a little oil to cook an onion that was sliced thin...
  
After moving the onions to the side, I put down little balls of meat [1/8 of a pound each] and smashed them down flat with the spatula... 
After they were turned I put half a slice of cheese on half...
In retrospect, I should have put half a slice on each burger... 
but I'm not a cheese lover... still, others would have enjoyed it...
 
To serve, I layered 2 patties of meat with onions on the toasty buns - 
so 1/4 pound burgers when finished. We had chips with them 
[I wasn't brave enough to try FRIES on the griddle...]
There was also mustard, ketchup, and mayo.
 Altho, honestly? 
I didn't add anything to the onion cheese deliciousness. 
This is definitely a meal we will repeat.
The next morning we cooked breakfast on the blackstone too - 
And, YES - I 'baked' biscuits!
These were cooked on LOW, with a cover, and flipped halfway through... 
One of my favorite things about blackstone cooking
is the fast cleanup - LOVE IT.
Old Highway 41 #3 Campground
Our take on the campground: 
An easy stop off the interstate.
Gated campground...
Beautiful wooded area with water views.
Clean bath facilities.
Good internet connection.
Noisy due to interstate traffic - 
but did not affect our sleep since we had the air on...
Sites are not well-marked, but we figured it out...lol...
We'd stay again if we're ever in the area...

No comments: