Thursday, August 26, 2021

So, y'all know

 I'm loving our little blackstone griddle, 
so I'm sure I'll be sharing recipes / meals / treats I've cooked on it with you during the next few weeks - 
If you've ever looked at some of the favorite things to cook with it, then I'm sure you've seen the pineapple chicken with fried rice and grilled veggies.
It's DELISH! 
We sure enjoyed it while the youngest and his gal were home!
My 'recipe' is very loosey-goosey, as are most of the things I cook these days...
So - I marinated chicken breasts in a teriyaki marinade from a bottle...
[Actually poured it into a bag and let them thaw out in it before cutting in cubes... put it back in the bag in the fridge to marinate a bit more...] 
I cooked that on the griddle a few minutes and added in some pineapple chunks just as it was getting done.
Then I added the chopped veggies to the griddle with a bit of oil.
[Mushrooms, peppers and onion, I think... - you can add whatever you like best.]
I have the 17" blackstone so the surface has only one controller 
[everything cooks at the same temp.
And honestly - I'm still learning how to best control the heat..]
After these were done and off the griddle we cooked the fried rice... rice I had cooked earlier and put in the fridge to cool. 
It took up the entire griddle and we were so busy cooking it we failed to get a photo... Everyone pitched in to say how to make it just right...and basically it's rice, oil [of course] a bit of carrots from the garden, and fried eggs... we finished it off with a bit of sesame oil... SO GOOD.
AND
Because I wanted it pinterest perfect [ha] and had seen it served up in the pineapple boats we did that too! But you can see we had PLENTY left for seconds, and even lunch for the next few days...
Honestly, it could be served mixed all together and spooned into bowls... but we all have differing ideas about our rice to vegetable to chicken ratio so we served in separate bowls...
It was so, so good...
The easier way to make this would be to just use pineapple chunks from a can and serve it from bowls... but the pineapple boat does make it pretty... 
Dontcha think?
It could definitely be made on the stove top as well.
Enjoy!








so, so good

No comments: