Thursday, October 29, 2020

I've had a few people ask me

 about my camping planner recently - 
so here's the deets:
I like memory keeping - and planning - and lists.
Ha.

So this little packet of TN* inserts fills that need for me -  
I got this zippered pouch a few years back at Target's dollar spot...
the patch was purchased separately [same day.] 
 
At first I used it to carry a little art journal with me while camping... 
but it's evolved into so much more... 
It now holds several TN inserts for all my camping planning needs!
 
I love that it has pockets to hold extra supplies and / or things we gather along the way...
Note: I made all of these TN inserts to fit this pouch becasue the size is just a bit different than the standard TN sizes... 
 
I also put elastic in the middle to hold [some of] the inserts inside...
 I love having all my camping plans in one place and I use a couple of them every time we camp - 
 
There's an insert for camping meals, campground maps, trip / meal planning,
and, of course there's one that lists all the things that #AnnieLeetheArgosy needs...
 
The one I use most has a little planner page that I created to record each camp out 
[date / campground / meals] -
I also list what to pack in the fridge and food box, as well as what needs to be purchased.
 
Other notes regarding the upcoming trip are sometimes written down here as well - 
And I record where we get take-out so we can remember for the next trip.
It's a messy little book that I love!
 
The other book that I use often has campground maps in it.
The adjacent page has a photo from the campground on it.
We might have directions under the map, info about nearby stores, etc...
And we usually mark the site we camp on as well as sites that we think would be nice [pretty!] to camp on in the future. This TN insert is set up to hold 40 maps with a table of contents in the front and labels on the edge of pages to identify the state they are in. 
Having these maps is SO helpful when making a reservation...
and the photos help us remember the good times we had on previous trips.
So, there you go -
My Camp Planners - 
lol.
TN = Traveler's Notebook

No comments: