Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Let's do the June re-cap -



 This is the easiest way to get it all out there in one place –
Move along if #HardwickAdventures is not for you...
  LOVED spending my June [state] holiday with sweet MK, Joseph and family 
at the Space and Rocket Center –
And omgoodness, it’s been YEARS since I’ve been there and things have changed a bit—it was a  much more ‘kids science museum’ type experience this go ‘round. Still FUN. And honestly, it was hard to do it all in one day. 
 Craig was sweet to bring lunch to us [no holiday for him] 
and meet up with us at Rosie’s afterwards.
  We enjoyed a couple of worship services with our first church family in Huntsville – Southside Baptist – 
They’re merging with another church, which will be a good thing in the end, but it’s sad to see some of the things we were a part of come to an end.
 
 This guy worshiping in front of us reminded us of my father so much, and while Joe never attended church with us I know without a doubt [conversations together, y’all] that he is worshiping our Lord freely in heaven as I type this.
 
 Stopped by Trowbridges, a Florence AL icon for a quick bite of their orange-pineapple ice-cream while I was in town for a meeting. It ALWAYS reminds me of my Mama and her birthday is in June so it was treat in honor of  her.
 We're getting back to the bathroom re-do... and  I've got some decisions to make!
Floor tile:
Which do you like better?
This - 
Or this? 
It's a hard decision to make...
But I think I already know which one I'm going go with --

 
LOVING my little flower baskets on the patio – 
This wicker swan was picked up from my neighbors trash.
 Lil used it for year and years, and Yes, it has seen better days – 
but I love the vintage look it brings!
 We took a little day trip up to Lawrenceburg to have lunch 
with out of state relatives one Saturday – 
so fun to visit for a bit while they were in the area! 
This is one of Craig’s sister’s sons and we’d not seen them since New Year’s –
And we had a wonderful evening with our Life Group from church 
[oh how I wanted to type Sunday School!] 
So much fun that I didn't get one photo!
 Loved having some time to visit with my precious aunt and cousin!
when I spent a week in Montgomery where the 
78* heat hits you as soon as you walk out the door at 7:00.
 [Reminds me of living in Mobile -]
And I sure enjoyed seeing Craig catch-up with high school classmates, 
some of whom he hadn’t seen in 40 years – 
 
As a part of the weekend we joined in a tour of Muscle Shoals Sound and FAME studios – both really great tours, but I felt a little sorry for the guides since those on the tour had LIVED the hey-dey of it all and kept interrupting to share their own stories. 
Mine? 
I remember everyone checking out of school ‘sick’ in high school 
when we heard Rod Stewart was in town… lol… 
I’m not sure if any of my friends actually ‘found’ him. Ha.
 
 I also vividly remember riding my bike round and round FAME
 when the Osmonds were recording –
I was in 6th grade y’all.
Here in  Huntsville we’re gearing up for all things Apollo 11 – Moon Landing! 
It's the 50th anniversary in case you've not heard!
So. Of course we had to try to out-of-this-world doughnut! 
 
The chocolate filled one is DEElicious.
That same weekend we had a front yard fish fry for our neighbors. 
And it was so fun to share together. 
EXCEPT THAT IT WAS BLAZING HOT. 
I especially enjoyed seeing some of the younger neighbors 
engaging with our older neighbors… 
When we moved here over 15 years ago we were the youngest on the block
 [with 8th and 11th graders] 
so we love having younger folk move in 
[and renovate their houses!] 
We’ll probably plan something again – but when it’s cooler, please.
 
 Even Pawley came ‘round to say hello –
We always enjoy the Monday night Concerts in the Park – 
and usually get a few of them during the summer. 
 But honestly – we sit out far enough so the music doesn’t interfere with our visiting… 
 Craig took his little s’more making paraphernalia and we all enjoyed a treat 
[without the open flame of a camp fire – ha.]
 Y’all already know this – but he’s a sweetheart and 
made some for the women sitting behind us as well. 
Some of them had never had a s’more. I declare!

The fireworks were what got us out and about that night. 
It was surprisingly SO MUCH COOLER than the fish fry the night before.
Loving my iced coffee  – and looking forward to seeing Wicked again later this year. 
A cousin and I nailed down details of our 60th birthday trip. 
Yes. I love technology – we were able to look at seating charts 
and book tickets to a couple of different shows while being in different cities. OMGOODNESS. How did we buy tickets before the internet?
We finished   up the month with a great trip with friends to The Caverns
to hear a couple of Bluegrass bands –
 IN A CAVE. 
It was a really fun day that started with a breakfast at Western Sizzlin’ in Scottsboro 
[If you LOVE breakfast and are in the area – GO.] 
and ended with dinner at a local Italian place [Papa Ron’s] in Monteagle, TN.
 And yes, to answer a questions someone recently asked - 
We do take time to rest. Yes. Yes we do – but I’m so thankful I’m married to my best friend who believes in living life fully and is always willing to adventure with me!
June was a busy month y'all.
Buy you ain't seen nothing yet. Ha.

No comments: