Wednesday, May 1, 2019

There's always a potluck

when we gather with 
other vintage campers.
[Keep reading... I'll get to this...]
In the past we've served the easy peasy frozen meatballs
 + chili sauce + grape jelly.
Yum.
But recently we've tried a couple of new dishes... the most frugal being white bean and ham soup. 
SERIOUSLY.
Go to the Dollar Tree and get two packages of country ham from the fridge and a package of white beans and pop it all in the instant pot. 
$3 of deliciousness. 
There was absolutely NONE left.
Thus, no photo. Ha.
We've found another favorite to be
Mexican Street Corn.
The recipe I found was pretty simple
[and y'all know I love simple!]
Basically you mix up 1/2 cup mayo with some chili powder and lime juice...
Cook corn on the cob as directed.
[I put skewers, that I trimmed, in before cooking.] Next I pan grilled for just a bit of charred flavor... Then you smear the sauce all around and sprinkle generously with cojita cheese.  Delish.
But! I think when I make next time I'll add a bit of cumin, just because I love it so...
Again,  it was gone in minutes. 
Give a go.
You can make a little or a lot...

No comments: