Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I'm not even sure

where I first saw a recipe for home made pop tarts...
But I know one of our favorite breakfast places 
[Jazz Cats Coffee]
down at The Gulf serves them...
So I was thinking that I wanted to give them a try...
And one day I had some extra refrigerated pie crust in the fridge that I needed to use, so I gave it a go - It's pretty easy-peasy if you use pie dough that's already made for you - ha. 
I cut little rectangles about 3.5 by 5 [I was able to make four pop-tarts from one pie crust.] Then I just spread a tablespoon or so of jam on each one, topped with another, crimping the edges with a fork...
I baked at 350* until brown and crispy -
Two things: 1] I used the extra dough to make initials to show which ones belonged to each of us [different flavors!] and 2] I need to practice my crimping skills a bit. LOL.
Still, once they were on the plate I think they looked cute!
And they tasted DEElicious!!
 Note: some recipes that I looked up suggested adding cornstarch to the jam before using - and almost all of them suggested a confectioner sugar glaze + sprinkles -- SO FUN.
Let me now how yours turnout!

No comments: