Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Alas, this is the only

photo I have to share...
But I made pumpkin butter last weekend!
I've used a recipe from the blog,  Beautiful  Mess [crockpot pumpkin butter] in the past and it was delicious... 
But this year I wanted to make it a little more quickly...
So I cooked the pumpkin in the instant pot [cut pumpkin, remove seeds, cut in chunks and put in pot with a cup of water or apple juice...pressure for 15 minutes...
Scrape off skin, return pumpkin to pot, add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup truvia [or sugar], pumpkin pie spice to your taste and pressure 3 minutes. 
BLEND with an immersion blender [the secret to that creamy texture.]
I put in in half pint jars [about nine for my medium sized pumpkin] and in the freezer where it will keep for several months.
[Stays fresh in the fridge about 2 weeks.]
Enjoy!

No comments: