Friday, September 9, 2016

Y'all know I'm loving my Instant Pot...

and I've got a big post coming at the end of the month - 
But I couldn't wait that long to share this little bite of deliciousness...
And while it looks small - it's actually a good eight servings....
It's easy to pull together - Here's what I did - 
I crushed a sleeve of graham crackers in the food processer. Once they were crumbs I added in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and mixed it all together. I pressed the mixture into a 7 inch spring form pan, being sure to go up the sides a bit. [Use a glass like all the recipes advise - it works easily.] I set that aside to work on the filling.
I put 4 oz. cream cheese , 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt in the same food processer and whipped those together, then I added 2 eggs, one at a time. I poured it into the spring form pan, carefully covering the crumb mixture so it wouldn't get soggy...
Next I put one cup of water in the instant pot, put in the wire rack that comes with it then put my cheesecake on top. 
[It's not completely even - but it makes no difference. 
I've seen other recipe say to fold the handles down...]
Cook on high pressure for thirty minutes
[just click manual and it's pre-set to go!]
Let the pressure release naturally and take out of the pot - It will be wet on top - Soak the moisture up with a clean paper towel and let cool for thirty minutes or so before putting in the fridge for at least four hours.
THIS IS THE HARDEST PART.
[The waiting.]
And as you can see I took mine out of the pan at about 3 hours. so I ended up with some crumbling crust.... Still delicious. But I'll admit it was much firmer after the four hours...
This is NOT a traditional cheese cake - although I've seen lots of successful instant pot recipes out there - I wanted something that was a bit more healthy, and one I hope to use a sugar substitute in to cut the carbs a bit more....
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
[Oh, and the chicken stew on the left there? It was made in the instant pot too! No stirring or worrying about it sticking to the bottom of the pan. Yay.]

No comments: